Sunday, December 21, 2008

Silver Lining

Well, it's forty below and I don't give a ....

You know the rest of it folks. Here I am in Edmonton, I had a great weekend, but really I wanted to get home on Sunday as I have a short work week, what with Christmas and all and I have such a lot to do. You might think that I should know better than to travel to Alberta in the depth of winter and expect to get home okay. Here's the rub, it isn't the weather in Alberta that is causing the problem (even though it is almost -40 Celsius with the wind chill). In fact, it is the balmy west coast that is being struck by blizzard conditions that is causing the mixed up flying mess I find myself in. Two canceled flights so far and hoping to catch the next flight on time early Monday.











However, here comes the silver lining. Seeing that I am in Edmonton for at least one more day than anticipated, I have been able to get a bunch more visiting in with my very dear friends and family. We have ate fabulous food together, drank delicious wine and played cards and laughed until our sides were sore.

Isn't that fantastic?

No comments: